The demand for versatile platforms to develop apps compatible with multiple platforms is increasingly high. When you decide to launch your app, the hardest question is how to select the development platform for your app.
Choosing the right platform completely depends on your requirements and the purpose of launching the app. Different platforms like Android, iOS, and Linux ask for different platforms to create an app. However, if you are interested in launching an app compatible with most platforms, choosing the best cross-platform desktop app framework is all you need to do.
We promise to deliver high-performance software at affordable cost to achieve business goals faster.
Here we have outlined the best cross-platform app development frameworks after conducting extensive research:
1. Flutter – One of the leading frameworks for cross platform
The advantages of Flutter :
- It offers an inbuilt graphic engine. It frees the developers from the stress of developing separate interfaces for android and IoS devices.
- Dart language enabled the developers to write the code in a well-structured way, simplifying designing the complex applications.
- The applications built using the Flutter platform show more efficiency in terms of performance.
2. Xamarin – Popular framework for cross platform desktop apps
Developed in 2011, it is the best language for cross-platform desktop apps acquired by Microsoft. Its unique features make it a popular cross-platform app development tool and a different one. It is based on the implementation of the. NET platform, Mono. The implementation operation involves libraries, compiler, runtime, and c#.
Advantages of Xamarin:
- Writing code in languages like .NET and C# is quite easy compared to the other.
- Reusing the third-party codebases is possible due to the easy inclusion of objective C libraries, C++, and Java.
- It also shows lesser run time errors. At the same time, it facilitates the developers with a compile-time checking option.
3. Corona SDK
It is the best choice for the best cross-platform desktop app development. It is an open-source platform that offers you speedy app development services. Corona SDK is a lightweight programming language that can build gaming applications for the platforms like TVs, iPads, desktops,s, etc.
Advantages of Corona SDK:
- It is compatible with multiple plugins, analytics, and in-app advertising tools.
- It works based on the Luna language, which is essential in making it a powerful and fast tool.
- The developers can see the code changes in real-time as the cross-platform app framework responds to changes instantly.
4. React Native
Advantages of React Native:
- The developers can create highly responsive UI with this platform.
- The open-source platform has a huge community of developers as it offers sufficient support to them while learning through the ios or android app development projects.
- It is compatible with third-party plugins. For example, Google Maps.
Advantages of Node.js:
- Node.Js developers community is a huge one.
- It has the fastest dynamic language interpreters due to the V8 engine in Node. JS.
- It enables the developers to execute the database queries simultaneously.
- It is based on the single-threaded model, which delivers smooth and even functioning apps.
Advantages of NativeScript:
- The framework supports the components like Android, Arsenal, and Cocoapods.
- It is enriched with multiple plugins preventing the developers from downloading the third-party plugins.
- Even without web views, the platform can access the attractive native UI.
The popular cross-platform app development framework is based on AngularJS.It is an open-source platform launched in the year 2013. The primary components of the framework are:
- Apache Cordova
The apps built using the Apache Cordova principles are hybrid HTML apps. These apps run on the spacial shell of the smartphone; it is the USP of these apps. The examples are:
- Android applications run on WebView
- iOS applications run on UI WebView.
The framework allows the developers to build the apps with attractive and user-centric UI, which helps keep the users on your app for a long time. Users can easily access the menu and navigate on the app.
Advantages of Ionic:
- The framework has ready-to-use components that make it easy for the developer
- A plethora of plugins is available on the platform to efficiently integrate the features that meet the user’s needs.
- As it is an open-source front-end framework, the developers can change the code depending on the needs.
Advantages of PhoneGap:
- Apps developed by the PhoneGap run smoothly on the latest mobile OS platforms showing the least differences.
- The framework supports a plugin-able nature, so extending the APIs modularly is easy.
- The developers can access the libraries like Sencha Touch, MooTools, etc.
9. Appcelerator Titanium
Appcelerator Titanium is an open-source framework released in 2008. The core features of this framework are device functionality, cross-platform API, and the Alloy framework based on MVC. Using the framework, developers can easily deploy the data modules as it offers a schema-less database ArrowDB. This framework mainly focuses on streamlining the process of mobile app development with the support of native components. The primary advantages of Appcelerator Titanium are:
- It is a cross-platform app framework equipped with a pre-built connector for MS SQL, MS Azure, and Salesforce.
- The framework also has various tools that help facilitate the faster development of mobile apps.
10. Sencha Touch
The primary job of the Sencha Touch is to speed up the hardware activities. It is the best cross-platform app development framework when you want inbuilt Cordova integration. One of the excellent features of the framework is that it makes the app development process for big businesses or large enterprises quite easy for the developers. It also adds value for the developers to create interactive themes.
Advantages of Sencha Touch:
- The framework constitutes over 50 inbuilt and personalized UI widgets along with a wide collection of the UI.
- It comes with impressive backend collections.
- It is possible to access the native APIs with the packages as it supports the Cordova integration.
The apps mentioned above in the list reduce the developer’s efforts while developing the apps. If you are interested in building a universally compatible app, select a suitable cross platform mobile app development company that can guide you better in making the right choice. The selection completely depends on the business needs and concerns. Also, the budget can be another concern for you even that can be solved with the assistance of the mobile app development company.
We can help you make a well-informed decision as we have a skilled and experienced team of cross-platform app developers. For more details, you can reach our experts now!!