Starting a Ubereats like food delivery app in 2022? This article is designed to help you determine if your Ubereats business model is feasible. In this article, we have deeply explained the top working ideas for the Ubereats business 2022. Get the free expert advice on food delivery app development
Think. Launch. Grow.
At the end of the article, there are three valuable free gifts waiting for you as a token of appreciation. As we always support startups and entrepreneurs. Suffescom has FORMED A BODY to support startups like you from beginning to success. Whether you’re starting out, or scaling to meet demand, connect with the right people, products, and best practices to help your startup grow. Connect Us Now!
Online food delivery is Synonymous with Ubereats. Most people associate Ubereats with the most trusted food delivery apps. It has a user-friendly interface with seamless multiple payment options. One of the most rippling effects of the COVID 19 pandemic is the spike in demand for Guide to food delivery services like Ubereats. Let’s back up this theory with statistics and data from trusted sources.
Create Food Delivery App Like Ubereats
Start your online food delivery business with UberEats like App. Fully Customization. 100% Source Code. Upgradation & Support. View Full Revenue Model Of Food Delivery App Like Uber Eats
Why Create an App Like UberEats?
- Google recorded a high of 300% search in “food delivery services” back in 2021 when the world was hunkered down with Coronavirus.
- Ubereats dominate the online food delivery industry with a gross booking of $4.68billion, a high of 52%
- The GAAP revenue high up to $819million, a gigantic 53% hike
- Ubereats stood at first place in France market by grabbing almost 55% of France food delivery market
- Ubereats recorded a 30% high in the download of the app and signing by foodies.
- Almost an additional 20%restaurants contracted with Ubereats in japan after the Coronavirus pandemic.
The dramatic upheaval in the online food delivery industry has encouraged many entrepreneurs and restaurateurs to make a food delivery app.
If you are one among that fish in the sea, wanting to build an app like uber eats and earn millions, you are at the right place. This blog is dedicated to tits and bits that go into the delectable and successful recipe to make a food delivery app.
So let’s get started
How to Create Your App Like Ubereats?
Ubereats is one of the top 20 food delivery apps used worldwide. So, learn about the business model followed by the giant that throws some light on the success recipe of the Ubereats. According to experts in the food delivery business, the business model is an important ingredient in its success recipe.
- Ubereats uses a restaurant aggregator business model. Simply putting, Ubereats partners with restaurants and uses its logistics partner to deliver the foods to the destination.
- It has two main segments, that is the restaurants and the delivery partners.
- Ubereats provide the partnering restaurant with logistical support to deliver fresh and tasty food.
The Value Proposition Of The Uber Eats
Apart from basic food delivery applications, Ubereats stands out for the following value proposition of its
- Custom made restaurant recommendations
- Advanced search filters
- Real-time order tracking
- Tailor-made delivery details
Thus, make a food delivery app with some special value propositions in your app like Ubereats so that you not only attract more foodies but also retain them
Usp’s Of Ubereats: Features That Made Its Giant Success Possible
There are numerous food delivery apps in the marketplace but the success of Ubereats is historic. It’s worth applauding. However, the success of Uber did not come overnight, nor did it happen automatically. Key features that made Ubereats a household name are unique to Ubereats. The following are the USPS of Ubereats
- Fastest And Shortest Delivery Time: when your foodies are hungry, you can’t let them wait for long. Yes, that’s the catch when you are going to start your food delivery business. Ubereats keeps an eye on the preparation time by restaurants. Ubereats provides the quickest delivery as compared to its competitors.
- Location Sceptics: while many food delivery apps deliver at limited locations, Ubereats goes ahead in delivering in skeptical locations as well. Ubereats deliver in hospitals, parks, offices, etc. Wherever and anywhere you can think of.
- Schedule Orders And Customized Pickups: Ubereats allow the foodies to schedule their advance food orders and relax. Additionally, Ubereats has a self-pickup feature that allows users to order food and pick it up from the store as per their comfort.
Ubereats became a shining star and continues to glitter because of its above-mentioned USPS. While you make a food delivery app, assiduously incorporate features that provide a cutting edge over your competitors.
How to Make an App for Food Delivery App Like Ubereats
The three-sided business model explains how Ubereats operate as a whole.
Foodies, the Ubereats customers place an order in their favourite restaurants. The restaurant partner receives the order, processes it. The delivery partner, which is UberEats infrastructure, makes supplies and delivers the order.
It’s quite simple. Ubereats is an Integrated platform where foodies meet their favourite restaurants and enjoy delicious food with fast delivery by Ubereats logistics.
The Revenue Model Of Food Delivery App Like Uber Eats:
Ubereats generates income from varied sources
- Delivery Fee: before 2018, Ubereats had a flat delivery fee of $4.99 but later on Ubereats delivery fee came between $2 to $8 depending upon the distance between customers and the restaurants.
- Revenue From The Restaurant: the partner restaurant pays around 15%to 40% per order as commission to Ubereats.
- Advertisements: this is one massive source of income of Ubereats. The restaurants pay Ubereats to run their advertisements to foster their popularity.
- Subscription Fees From The Customers: the foodies on the Ubereats have a subscription facility. They can subscribe to “EatPass” by paying $9.99. It facilitates them with a 5% extra discount and no delivery charges.
How to Make a Ubereats like app
Developing a food delivery app like Ubereats from scratch is an arduous task. To make a food delivery app like ubereats, you need to keep key factors in mind before actually taking a plunge into the sea of opportunities. Without a clear roadmap and future action plans, you cannot play long in the marketplace.
Step 1: Conduct Detailed Research Of The Hot Trends Of The Food Industry:
To make an app like ubereats that can stand out from your competitors, the first crucial step is to conduct and analyze the market trends of the food industry. It includes the following aspects
Find Out the technological trends adopted by other players to start your food delivery business.
Like you can let foodies order through their social media accounts. Dominos pizza allows foodies to order from their Twitter account. The foodies find it very convenient.
You can additionally add chatbots to order via messengers.
Wearables and food ordering apps for android watches are on the rise. You can integrate such high-end technological features as well.
Dominos again stands out in incorporating the technology suite into its app. So, take lessons from all these hot market trends and make a food delivery app.
Step 2: Conduct A Detailed Research Of The Market:
A thorough market study prior to developing an app like ubereats is the key. The market consists of your competitors and your customers. So, a keen study of both includes :
- Who are your competitors and what strategy do they follow?
- Who are your potential customers?
- How to target potential customers?
- What are the special bonus features to incorporate in the ubereats like apps to gain a competitive edge over your competitors?
- What is the buying and spending capacity of your target audience?
- How can you cater to real-world solutions to the pain point of your customer?
Go ahead to make an app like ubereats after clarifying all the above points. Find real answers to these questions.
Step 3: Choose A Food Delivery Model:
To meet your business goals and to make a food delivery app viable, you need to choose the most befitting business model.
There are basically 2 types of food delivery model:
- Order only model
- Order and delivery model
Order the Only Model: as the term suggests, the food platform only accepts and processes the order. They provide no delivery support. The restaurants handle delivery functions. In such a model, the revenue comes from fees from the partnering restaurants. Delivery.com, just eat are examples of order-only models.
Order And Delivery Model: you should always make a food delivery app on order and delivery model just like Ubereats. The restaurant’s partners process the order and the logistic system is provided by the food platform. Thus, as a whole, the food delivery app is responsible for order acceptance, processing, and delivering the food order.
As per your business needs, sources at your disposal, and investment level you can go ahead to make a food delivery app based on any one business model.
Step 4: Select Distinguished, Prominent App Features Of An Ubereats Like Apps:
Below mentioned are some basic and distinguishing features of Ubereats that helped it garner great success
Customer Panel: a customer panel.of your food delivery app like Ubereats should have the following features:
- User-friendly interface
- Easy login and account creation
- To search and view nearby restaurants
- Order and cancel food coherently
- Reorder from the history of orders
- Seamless payment options
- Offers and discounts
- Push notifications
Delivery Boy Panel: your food delivery app like uber eats should be convenient to use for the delivery boys as well. Following are the features :
- Easy sign-up
- Receive an order to deliver
- Set availability status
- In-app navigation to track delivery location exactly
- Earning summary
- Multi delivery management
Restaurant Panel: it’s the panel for restaurants and eateries who wish to be a part of the platform to earn. This panel should have the following features
- Easy signup
- Add menu and reference pictures
- Easily add or remove items from the menu
- Receive orders
- Accept or reject orders
- Manage delivery
- Manage payouts
The dashboard of the food delivery app from where all the tasks are handled by the owner. The admin panel of your food delivery app comes with the following features
- Restaurant management
- Delivery management
- Multilingual capabilities
- Promotions of offers and discounts
- Push notifications to all delivery boys, restaurants, and customers
- Manage payouts
- Track earnings
- Manage all transactions
- Area wise map location
- Statistical report
Make sure to incorporate the maximum above-mentioned features while you make a food delivery app.
Step 5: Stack up your app like uber eats with the right technology:
While building an app like Ubereats, it’s imperative to stack up against your food delivery app with the right technology to provide a seamless experience of ordering food to the foodies. Below listed are essential technologies used by us to make a food delivery app like Ubereats
- iPhone/Android: React Native App
- Backend: Node js , Express js, MongoDB, Nginx, Sockets io
- Frontend: React.js, Redux, Material UI
- Server: AWS EC2, S3
- APIs: Twilio for SMS, Google Maps
Stacking Up all these technologies together, we make a food delivery app to suit the business needs of yours and customize it to build an app like Ubereats just for you.
Step 6: Hire an expert team to create an app like uber eats:
Last but not the least, hiring an expert team of developers will lend all your worries to rest. Yes, a good development company with an agile team of experts composed of experts of varied technological fields will get your job done in an expert manner.
The team of experts should have the following :
- Android and IOS developers
- Front and backend developers
- Test engineers
- UI designer
- Business analysts
- Project manager
Apart from developing an app like Ubereats from scratch, you can opt for ready-made solutions of Suffescom Solutions which you can get customized and make just for you, suiting your business needs. To make a food delivery app, we are here to cater to all your food delivery business needs.
RECOMMENDED READ: Complete Guide To Make A Food Delivery App Like Postmates
Cost to Create an App Like Ubereats
The cost of developing a food delivery app like Ubereats can come somewhere near $6,000 to $10,000
The budget can further shoot up to $20,000 if there is app development for the restaurant
Different factors which sum up to decide your cost of developing a food delivery app like Ubereats:
- Firstly, the density of the features in your food delivery app will decide the cost. There is a directly proportional relationship between the features and the cost. More the features, the higher the cost.
- Secondly, the hired experts to make a food delivery app development will also determine the cost. The availability of the experts and the size or number of experts in the team will totally constitute the cost.
- Thirdly, the platform you chose to build an app like Ubereats will also play a determining factor in the cost. Generally, today the food delivery app is built so as to be compatible both in android and IOS.
Additionally, let me give you insights based upon the location to build an app like Ubereats. However, these are the approximate figures
- India: $10 to $ 80 per hour
- Europe: $30 to $90 per hour
- Us: $50 to $100 per hour
Some Basic Calculations Of App Development
- UI/UX design (60 Hours — $1500 to $3000)
- Front-end and Back-end development (400 Hours — $7,000 to $ 15,000)
- Technical documentation (40 hours — $1000 to $1500)
- MVP testing (80 Hours — ($2000 to $4000)
- Polishing and bug fixing (40 hours — $1000 to $2000)
So, the cost range will constitute the charges charged by the food delivery app development company for mobile app design, both for android and ios versions of the app, app testing, and launching of your food delivery app.
(Note: Cost to develop an app fluctuates from time to time according to the ongoing offers and discounts. Contact us to know the best possible cost for building a feature-enriched app.)
Here is the detailed guide on How Much Does It Cost to Make an App in 2022
Reason to Start Food Delivery App in the USA
US Food Delivery App Market
The United States has the fastest growing market for UberEats. UberEats controls about 26% of the global food delivery market. It is estimated that the company’s market share will rise to 28 percent by 2024. With the presence in 6k cities in the US, It has become a huge competition for DoorDash and Grubhub like companies.
US Food Delivery App Users
UberEats app usage has also increased over the past few years, especially since the pandemic. It has earned a large audience and is used by 36% of all multi-restaurant app users. With the average customer spending more than $100 annually, UberEats grew by 150% last year.
US Food Delivery App Revenue
If we talk about the most competitive food delivery businesses, then UberEats held the first position in the USA. The intense competition made it hard for its competitors to generate good revenue. In 2020, UberEats generated over $4 billion of revenue, a 152% increase year on year.
Reason to Start Food Delivery App in the UK
UK Food Delivery App Market
In the UK food delivery app market, UberEats takes 27% of the market share. Compared to countries like France, Italy, and Spain, the UK has become a far larger takeaway food industry, responsible for covering approximately 40% of all takeaway revenue.
UK Food Delivery App Revenue
The research indicates that UberEats broke all the records and generated almost $5 billion in 2020, or an estimated 10% of the total. All because of the lockdowns, the company has experienced a positive spike in various metrics, making it one of the most competitive food delivery apps.
UK Food Delivery App Users
Apps like UberEats have gained huge user attention by shifting their focus towards faster online ordering. Considering the usage of UberEats in the UK, it has grown at a steady rate. COVID-19 pandemic forced millions of users to try food delivery apps like such for the first time. UberEats has successfully reached over 80% of the total UK population.
In A Nutshell:
The growing on-demand food delivery business is encouraging many players to enter the industry but you have to remember only the fittest survive. So, make UberEats clone to start food delivery business that can survive the challenges and overcome it and shine among the competitors. Now, that you read all till the end of the blog, you are now enriched with knowledge. So, get started without any delay and develop an app like uber eats.
FAQs: People Also Search For:
If you want to start your own food delivery business, you must keep an eye on your competitors’ strategies. UberEats, DoorDash, and Grubhub are the most competitive food delivery players in the market. Below are a few strategies they follow:
- The Most Efficient Food Delivery App
- Following Latest Market Trends
- Leveraging Social Media Potential
- Email/SMS/Real-time Marketing
To create a food delivery app like UberEats aiming at more growth and ROI, you need to understand who your target audience is and who your product is for. You need to gather information about the potential audience, like demographics, location, and interests. For your food delivery business, you make sure to target these age groups – young adults looking for a taste of home, busy families, and working professionals.
Those looking to start a food delivery business app similar to UberEats can incorporate some special bonus features to gain a competitive advantage. Reward/Discount programs, cashback programs, and loyalty programs are the most effective ways to engage users in your food delivery business. Giving generous discounts regularly to your customers is the best way to keep clients interested and raise brand awareness.
Knowing the buying and spending power is vital if you are on the route to starting your own food delivery business. This will help businesses price, sell, and market the products effectively. If your demographic has lower consumer buying power, your customers are likely looking for low-price products. Similarly, if your consumer buying power is higher, you will spend more money on the same products and services.
Customer pain points are diverse, from financial to customer support pain points. They think that they have a problem that your product will help resolve. Eyeing on customer pain points allows you as a business owner to start thinking about how to position you and your products as a real-world solution in front of customers’ problems. Go ahead to create a food delivery app that is powerful, robust, and secure enough to meet the demands of almost every customer.