An electric vehicle market has paved the way for cleaner and zero-emission methods to transport passengers across busy city roads. A few years back, cheaper, more powerful, and easier to fuel combustion engines faded away from the trend of battery-powered vehicles in all parts of the world. Many companies have already laid out strategies for achieving 50% electrification by 2025, and 100% by 2030. But 2021 brings a great revolution in the eclectic cars industry. No matter if you’re in New York, London, California or elsewhere you can expect to see a huge jump in the number of electric cars on roads.
Think. Launch. Grow.
At the end of the article, there are three valuable free gifts waiting for you as a token of appreciation. Suffescom always supports startups and entrepreneurs so we have FORMED A BODY to support startups like you from beginning to success. Whether you’re starting, or scaling to meet demand, connect the right people, products, & best practices to help your startup grow. Connect Us Now!
Kickstart Your Electric Taxi Business With Our Ready to Go Solution
Get customized electric taxi dispatch software solution for your business featuring customer app, driver app, and intuitive admin panel.
- Request Demo
- Go Live
To take advantage of the industrial revolution, major taxi brands like Uber, Lyft, Grab, Ola, and more are planning to step up with electric cars by 2025. If you too want to flourish business with futuristic solutions to enjoy more profits and gain customer attention. You must read this Electric taxi business plan. You will understand here:
- Who could be your major competitors?
- Reasons to start a taxi business
- What are the initial costs involved?
- What is the scope for e-taxi business apps?
- What are the major issues with setting up an e-taxi business?
- How Can E-Taxi Business App Help You?
- What are the essential features of your e-taxi business app?
Major Businesses in Non Electric Taxi app
As we all know, the major players in the taxi dispatch software business are Uber, Lyft, Ola, and Grab; therefore, this section is created to unveil to define their strategies in electric taxi building.
- Uber: Founded in 2009, Uber cab is a prominent name in the taxi business. But, the brand plans to change the way the world moves. That’s why the company announced its commitment to becoming a zero-emission platform in US and Canadian cities by 2030. Also, the company is planning to cover major global cities where they can ensure a fair transition for drivers.
- Lyft: The platform launched after Uber but aims to give cutthroat competition to Uber. Lyft continues its leadership in creating a cleaner, healthier, and more equitable future. Therefore, the company is planning to achieve 100% electric vehicles across the Lyft platform by 2030.
- Ola: Indian ride-hailing firm Ola has 700+ drivers in London. In the news, the company revealed that it would offer its London drivers incentives to switch to electric vehicles, then in other places where the company has its presence.
- Grab: Grab is the second company, after public taxi company Blue Bird, that offers electric transportation services in Indonesia to reduce the country’s reliance on fossil fuels.
Related Article: How to Start a Taxi Business in USA
Best Cars For Electric Taxi Business
Investing in Electric cars is one of the major investments by the taxi business. Therefore you must make this decision wisely by considering all the pros and cons of investing in vehicles. Here we have a list of top-rated vehicles for your business success. You can pick them or look at similar options that fit your budget and business needs.
|Cars||Availability||Expected price||Charge Timing||Battery||Seats|
|Hyundai Ioniq Electric||UK/US||£29,950/$31,000||47 mins -20 hours||38.3 kWh||Five|
|Volkswagen ID-3 Long Range||UK only||£39,500||36 mins – 39 hours||77 kWh||Five|
|Chevrolet Bolt EV||US only||$37,500||37 mins – 9 hours||66 kWh||Five|
|Nissan Leaf e-Plus||UK/US||£33,000/$34,000||35 mins – 28 hours||62 kWh||Five|
|Tesla Model 3 Standard Range Plus||UK/US||£40,000/$35,000||29 mins – 25 hours||66 kWh||Five|
|Peugeot e-2008 SUV||UK only||£31,000||31 mins – 23 hours||37 kWh||Five|
Reasons to Start An Electric Taxi Business
Electric taxis are an effective solution for the environment, drivers, and riders. Therefore, the popularity of these cabs is increasing in many city streets. Let’s have a look at the influencing reasons of it:
- More Sustainable Solution
Shifting from fuel to battery-powered cabs helps to reduce up to three tonnes per year carbon emissions. Because fully electric taxis lack an exhaust system, therefore they produce no pollutants. Its results contribute to clean air and minimize greenhouse gas emissions.
- No Gas Required
As the fuel prices are reaching new heights every day, running fuel vehicles on roads can drain your wallet. Whereas electricity is a less expensive choice compared to gasoline. The driver can easily charge the battery anywhere.
- More Convenient
Electric charges are more convenient to charge than gasoline cars refilling. Your drivers don’t have to rush to market every time. They can easily charge batteries from standard household sockets before hitting the roads.
- Cheaper to Maintain
Electric vehicles have moving components that can be repaired easily by detaching. On the other hand, diesel and petrol vehicles need extensive maintenance, ranging from regular oil changes to fixing the exhaust system.
- Save Money
Many governments are rewarding drivers with moneyback offers on electric cars usages and promotions. Your business drivers can avail themselves of the opportunity that helps them to save money.
- No Emissions
Electric vehicles operate on a renewable emergency resource. Therefore it does not release any toxic emissions or smoke into the air. As a result, with e-taxis, you’ll feel proud that you are contributing to a safe and environmentally friendly technology.
- Reduced Fuel Costs
When there are more electric cars on the road, the fuel price in international and national markets will surely reduce. All credit goes to less usage of fuel cars on roads.
- Easy Charging
Electric car charging is as easy as your phone, tablet, or other devices. Drivers just need to put the charger into any standard AMP outlet. You can charge at a comfortable place.
Read Decision Making Facts: Demand, Trend & Forecast of Taxi Business
The Future Electric Cars And The Taxi Industry
You may hear that the Government has brought forward its ban on new petrol and diesel-fuelled cars, including hybrid sales from 2035 to 2030. Therefore the UK is planning to achieve its zero-carbon target by 2050. As a result, it’s becoming challenging for existing companies to stay longer with gasoline vehicles.
To encourage electric cars on roads, every Government is taking initiatives. For instance, Britain’s Government, at the end of 2020, pledged to invest in building electric cars networks, for the electric vehicle owners will get a charging point within a distance of 30miles. More charging points mean more opportunities for your business to stand in the competition era and charge without waiting too much.
Boris Johnson, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, also started expanding offshore wind power capacity from 30 gigawatts to 40 gigawatts by 2030. This helps vehicles to become environmentally sound.
Passengers who are fretting about certain categories of vehicles. There is good news for them: cars manufacturing major players Audi, BMW, Mazda, Ford, Honda, Jaguar, Citroen, Dacia, Lexus, Suzuki, Renault, MG, Seat, Tesla, Vauxhall, and Kia are working on pure electric versions of existing vehicles. Source: Forbes
The bright future of electric taxis for your business
- Rise of on-demand cab booking service
- Rise in Job opportunity
- The rise in trends of MaaS (Mobility as a service)
- More taxi choices in apps
Things Might Trouble You
- How can I be alerted about battery status?
- How do you find nearby charging points?
- How can I plan out of station trips?
Related Article: Top Features and Cost Estimation to Develop an App Like Uber!
Worrying about how you can lead the taxi industry?
Plan to develop Customised ETaxi Business App
Your fully featured app can be a solution for your every trouble. You just need to switch to our electric taxi business app. We will provide you:
- Instant Battery Notification: It keeps the divers and admin updated about battery status. The app keeps you sending notifications about the real-time battery status. When it reaches 50 or less than 50%, you will see a notification on the mobile app. You can quickly replace the battery or look for nearby charging points.
- Nearby Charging points: Electric Taxi Business App embedded with latest features. It will update your driver with push notifications regarding nearby charging points. There will be no hassle to check out manually points, especially at night.
- Out of station trips: Planning out-of-town trips could be a tricky choice. For this, you can set geofencing in the app. The driver can define its booking location. Beyond that, the system will not send requests to the driver. The booking request will shift to the next driver riding in that location.
Build Your Electric Taxi Business App for Online Booking
When it comes to building apps, a few things strike your mind. The two most common are:
Research is Crucial!
Good research work has the ultimate role in building your app. The research could involve
- Who will be your target audience?
- What features do they want to expect?
- Which platform is your audience using?
- What is your budget?
Once you have done all these features, the next step is to choose a professional app development company.
Build Your Taxi App
Developing electric taxi software is not an easy game. There can be lots of challenges that comes in your way, such as
- Lack of Resources and Platforms knowledge
- Wrong Assessment and Development Directions
- Compatibility Problems
- Fail to Come Up with New Ideas
- Funds issues with hiring various software
- Selection of Outdated Technology
- Data Storage and Authentication troubles
- Unsuccessful Architecture Pattern
- Lack of software Performance
- Backing Up Issue
- User’s Experience and Review
The issues not only end up here. There are many others on your way a lot when you start building an app. Therefore major market players choose us for their world-class solutions and on the stipulated time.
Startups should know: How Much Do Taxi Companies Make Money
Still, something might be holding you back. Let us guess, IT’S YOUR BUDGET.
Don’t fret, and we have solutions for everything. Based on your needs and expectations, we have an affordable solution for you. Let’s have a look at these:
- One-shot payment: If you want a fully-featured app and are ready to pay in one shot to get a solution in your hand. This model is for you. The software will be powered with all the modern features, as discussed with you.
- Hourly-renting model: Renting per hour will be a more suitable choice if you don’t want to go with a one-shot payment. You will pay rent for the number of hours you choose to hire it. Many startups choose this plan. It’s a more affordable option and has less risk of business failure.
- SaaS-based model: Software as a Service is a monthly rental software model. You will pay a monthly payment and can access all the features of the app. No bugs and maintenance cost of the model works as icing on the cake. Companies like Facebook, Dropbox, WhatsApp, Uber, Airbnb are also using the SaaS model.
- Hiring a developer: If you are not happy with either of the models, you can hire a developer too. The professional will work on your project from start to end. You just need to pay developer charges.
More Options to Explore.
Opportunities to boost E-Taxi business Revenue
- Revenue from Individuals e-taxi booking
- Revenue from Corporate Booking
- Commission from Credit Card Payments
- Commission for Outstation Bookings
- Commission for Rentals & Leasing
- Set Dynamic Pricing Model
- Go with Pay Per Hour Model
- Charge commission on Ride Sharing
- Fix Certain percentage on Ride-Hailing
Blue-chip Features in Our E-Taxi Business App
|Passenger App Features List||Driver App Feature List||Admin Panel Feature List|
|Login/registration||User Login/registration||Multi-Currency Support|
|Select car type||Edit Profile||Edit Profile|
|App Feedback||Multi Currency Support||Role Management|
|Automated E-receipts (invoice)||Accept Ride||Vehicle Management|
|Quick Bookings||Cancel Ride||Complaint Management|
|Scheduled Bookings||Start & End Ride||Trip/cab Tracking|
|Book For Others||Contact Passengers||Dynamic UI|
|Cancel Booking||Vehicle Tracking System (GPS)||Rate Card|
|Edit Profile||Multi-Language Support||Vehicle Tracking System (GPS)|
|Sms Alerts||Notification To Drivers||Flexible Payment Options|
|Invite New Users||Rate Card||User/customer Management|
|Trip Sharing||Email Alerts||Trip Management|
|Earn Credits||Automated E-receipts||Revenue Management|
|Vehicle Tracking System (GPS)||Dynamic Ui Rendering||Rate Chart Management|
|Flexible Payment Options||View Trip Routes Using Gps||Track Daily Reports & Transactions|
|Trip/cab Tracking||Sms Alerts||Flexible Vehicle Options|
|Automatic Fare Calculation||Trip/cab Tracking||Driver Management|
|Rate Card||Automatic Fare Calculation||Trip Invoice|
|Android & Ios Device Support||Scheduled Bookings||Geolocation Boundary Settings|
|Multi Currency Support||Android & Ios Device Support||Automatic Fare Calculation|
|See Estimated Time Of Arrival|
|Notification To Passengers|
|Dynamic Ui Rendering|
Cost to Build On-Demand Electric Taxi Business App
The expected cost of a customized Uber like app solution depended on building houses and technologies used. Majorly your budget expands with increasing features, functionalities, expected scalability of your electric taxi booking software development. Here are some other elements that contribute to the cost building of the app are:
- Your platform selection
- Android, iOS or Both
- Integrated features
- Project delivery schedule
- Development Team Strength
- UX/UI Design
- Backend Development
- Web Development (an admin panel)
- Testing and Quality Assurance
- Project Management